Thursday 4 March 2010

taking it easy...

It seems I incurred more damage than I thought on last Sundays 17miler in Ashridge. The poor choice of shoe (off-roaders) afforded me less protection and cushioning on the roads, and subsequently the pounding that my feet and ankles took has resulted in them complaining ever since. So I've been very cautious and only went out today for the first time since Sunday to give them time to mend. Seems they are in a reasonable state however still unsure what strategy I should adopt for this Sunday's MK half. The original plan was to chase my PB however this may be asking for trouble, and with only a further two weeks between MK and the Wiggle Lightening 12hr race I think I may opt for self-preservation rather than 'all or bust'. We shall we on Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with sudays 1/2 mara! I have Brentwood 1/2 in 2 weeks, hoping for sub 1:45!

    Got a few other races and a couple of ultras lined up as well.

    I see you did Kent 50 mile challenge last year. That was my first ever ultra! So I'm positive you would of past me a few times on that day in 2009 :-) I wrote a report on my blog www.richardultra.blogspot.com about it!

    What other maras / ultras you got lined up this year?

    cheers Rich

    ReplyDelete